Hall of Fame Awards Nomination Form
Nominations are now open!
You are invited to nominate those whom you believe are worthy of induction into the Hall of Fame. Fill the form below, or download a printable copy and submit it at email@example.com.
Selection Criteria and Elegibility
- Posthumous (posthumous means you are welcome to nominate anyone that is deceased for an award. We strongly encourage to nominate deceased Italian immigrants) nominations will be accepted, as well as self- nominations.
- All nominees will be judged on the merits of their achievements.
- Nominees may be asked to provide further details of their achievements and photos, which may be used in the Cairns Italian Festival Hall of Fame decision process.
- Unsuccessful nominees, in any given year, will be eligible for nomination in subsequent years.
- Information in support of nominations will remain confidential to the Cairns Italian Festival Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
- Inductions into the Cairns Italian Festival Hall of Fame will occur annually, unless extraordinary circumstances prevail. There will be no more than eight (8) inductees in any year.
- Nominees must have lived in Far North Queensland for a minimum of two (2) years.
- All the nominees but the Young Italian of the Year must be born in Italy
- All nominations received will be considered by the cairns Italian festival Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
- All decisions are final and not subject to review or appeal, and no correspondence or explanation for acceptance or rejection will be entered into by the cairns Italian festival Hall of Fame Selection Committee.
- There will be only one winner in each of the eight (8) categories.
- The Nomination Form must be completed and included with your submission.
- Applications close Friday 21st July 2023.
- All sections must be completed. Please attach all nomination details to the Nomination Form.